Saturday, November 14, 2015

Kindness Part 2

Yesterday I spoke about kindness and after the horrific attacks in Paris last night, no 'normal' post seems right for today. I just wanted to take a minute to reflect on kindness and humanity. The world is full of evil and horrific acts, but as so many of you have probably seen online, the only way to beat the darkness in the world is with light and love. Seeing people open their doors to strangers last night, taxi men turning off their meters to bring people to safety, people queuing up to donate blood today, things like this just make my heart swell and fill me with tears. In times like this we need to come together and help others. I'm sure we're all thrown by yesterday, I know I am. If it's too much for you, turn off social media. There's no shame in it, it doesn't mean you don't care. Seeing footage and hearing events can be emotionally draining. Do what you can to make yourself feel good. Have a cookie, hug someone, do some random acts of kindness. And remember those who are a lot worse off than us right now. If you can donate money or time to help the refugees that are fleeing dreadful horrific situations like yesterday, please do. We're all humans and we all deserve to feel safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...