Friday, June 10, 2011

Foodie Friday: Yoghurt Pancakes

I always find that I buy large tubs of yoghurt, forget about them until they’re just going out of date and then think ‘How the hell am I going to use these up?!’. I usually turn to my trusty Yoghurt Cake recipe (which I shall post another time), but the other week I was bored of this and off I went to Google, to see what other ways yoghurt could be used up. And yoghurt pancakes was the first thing that popped up. Now when I make pancakes, it’s usually crepe style ones, but recently I’ve been dying to try out American style thick fluffy pancakes, thanks to AtebyAte and Babaduck. So this was the perfect excuse!

The recipes I got back were American ones (natch), so there were no metric measurements. So I used the measuring cups I have. While I usually like to using metric measurements and use my weighing scales, for a recipe like this that doesn’t need much precision, measuring cups are perfect!

IMG_0392

Yoghurt Pancakes

Adapted from http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Yogurt-Pancakes

Serves 4-6

Ingredients

2 cups plain flour

2 tbsp sugar

2 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

2 eggs

2 cups (1 large tub) plain yoghurt (I use vanilla)

1/4 cup water

1. Combine dry ingredients into one bowl and stir. Combine wet ingredients into another bowl and stir.

2. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until it is completely combined with no lumps.

3. Heat the frying pan with some oil. Pour batter in using 1/4 cup.

4. When bubble form on the top, flip over and cook the other side until golden brown.

5. Enjoy!

You can also sprinkle extra ingredients on top of the pancake at step 3, like fruits or chocolate chips. I served mine with golden syrup! Definitely a wonderful weekend treat!

IMG_0394

What recipes do you like to use when there’s yoghurt to be used up? I’d love to hear them in the comments below. Don’t be shy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...