Friday, January 19, 2018

2018 Most Anticipated Book Releases January-April

I love this time of the year, going through Goodreads and finding out what new books are up and coming from authors I love. I always find out more as the year goes on of course but it’s great to have something to look forward to. This year I’m going to split it into two posts, this one will cover January to April and the next one from April onwards. And later in the year in summer I might do another one for upcoming releases that will be announced later this year (fingers crossed for Robert Galbraith and Tana French!).


Three Things About Elsie by Joanna Cannon

three things about elsie joanna cannon book coverI really enjoyed The Trouble with Goats and Sheep so I’m looking forward to seeing Joanna Cannon’s next offering. It’s about 84 year old Florence who’s fallen in her flat and while she is waiting to be rescues, begins to worry if a secret from her past has been discovered. The cover is so pretty too! 11th January




The Endless Beach by Jenny Colgan

the endless beach jenny colgan book coverHaving just finish the first book in this series, The Summer Seaside Cafe, I’m really looking forward to returning to Flora and the island of Mure! Jenny Colgan’s books are perfect for the post Christmas gloominess. They just whisk you away to this cosy other world. 11th January




From Here to Eternity by Caitlin Doughty

from here to eternity caitlin doughty book coverI love Caitlin, her YouTube channel and her first book Smoke Gets in Your Eyes. Basically she can do no wrong in my eyes and in this book we get to see how different cultures do death as Caitlin travels around the world.A book on death sounds morbid but if this book is anything like Caitlin’s videos, all morbid-ness will be balanced with respect and humour. 25th January




Eat Up! by Ruby Tandoh

eat up! ruby tandoh book coverI really enjoyed Ruby on The Great British Bake Off and I liked her baking book Crumb too. So I was very excited to see this book. The subtitle is Food, Appetite and Eating What You Want and cover topics like fad-diets,  food crazes, advice on things like mental health and shopping tips and getting inspiration from people such as Roald Dahl and TOWIE’s Gemma. SOLD! 1st February



Almost Love by Louise O’Neill

almost love louise o'neill book coverKicking off March is Louise O’Neill’s new book Almost Love. Sarah has fallen for Matthew and is sacrificing everything for him, even if he only sees her in secret. I’m intrigued with how this story about obsessive love will unfurl. 1st March





Hero at the Fall by Alywn Hamilton

hero at the fall alwyn hamilton rebel of the sands book 3The 3rd and final book in the Rebels in the Sands series. I did like the second book but it didn’t pack the same punch as the first book and I’m hoping we’ll see a return to that in this book. Either way, I’m looking forward to wrapping up this YA fantasy with a Western twist series. 6th March




Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

obsidio amie kauffman kay kristoff illuminae book 3Final book in the Illuminae trilogy, I’ve really enjoyed this sci-fi YA series. Each book has a lead male and female and we see the story from both their perspectives which has been interesting. 13th March




From a Low and Quiet Sea by Donal Ryan

from a low and quiet sea donal ryan book coverWhile I have read what this is about, I don’t remember it and I don’t care to go read it again as I’m looking forward to reading this cold. I read my first Donal Ryan when I read All We Shall Know and it blew me away. I also have a back catalogue to read but for now I’m looking forward to this one. 22nd March




The Endless King by Dave Rudden

the endless king dave rudden knights of the borrowed dark3rd book in the Knights of the Borrowed Dark series, a fantastic Irish YA fantasy series set in contemporary Ireland that I’ve really been enjoying. Here’s a link to my review on book one. 22nd March





Skin Deep by Liz Nugent

skin deep liz nugent book coverI read Lying in Wait in 2016 and found it gripping and Skin Deep sounds like it’ll suck me in straight away too. As always, Nugent starts with a bang. Cordelia Russell, a posh English woman down on her luck living in Cote d’Azur for 10 years, arrives home one night from a party to find a dead body in her bedroom. I’m sure there will be plenty of twists and turns in this novel. 5th April



So much to look forward to in the upcoming months. And I’ll have another post soon for books from May onwards, some that I’m super excited about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...