Sunday, September 30, 2018

August 2018 Favourites

So I had hoped this would be on the blog for a week or so by now but September has been pretty shit at times. However, I used to do a monthly wrap up/recap post, I really enjoyed it and wanted to bring it back. There’s such a big trend on Instagram for templates for your story and I saw a few for end of August and it inspired me to share some of my favourite things from August


Book

the seven husbands of evelyn hugoI adored The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid. Legendary actress Evelyn Hugo has agreed to do a rare interview and has specifically requested Monique Grant, a low level magazine reporter. We learn about Evelyn’s life, told through the marriages of her 7 husbands, and find out why she requested Monique. Full of Hollywood glamour and secrets, it sucked me right in. I listened to it as an Audible book and I think it would be perfect as a film or a TV series.



TV Show

cbbs2018eye

I’ve been loving Celebrity Big Brother this summer! I do enjoy a good tacky reality TV show every now and again and Big Brother is something I used to love watching back in the day. So I’m loving the nostalgia element of it. There’s also been so much drama in this series of CBB which I also love. Best part is I’m in a group chat and I love being able to discuss and dissect things with my friends!


Film

To_All_the_Boys_I've_Loved_Before_posterSo I also read To All the Boys I Loved Before in August too, specifically so I could watch the Netflix film! Every time Lara Jean loses feelings for her current crush, she writes him a letter saying all the things she liked about him, with the intention to never send them. But somehow they get out and chaos ensues! It was very cute and fun and Lara Jean has such an amazing wardrobe and bedroom. Serious style envy! And it makes me want to watch all the teen rom-coms.




Place

42898582_562946560828539_8955394398598725632_nI had a fantastic weekend in Dingle visiting a friend with a whole group of friends from home. Saturday it was raining so we went surfing, had a nice lunch in a pub, spent a lot of good quality time together singing, playing music and catching up. Weather was really sunny the Sunday so after an epic homecooked breakfast, we did a bit of shopping and we soaked up the sun in the beer garden of Dick Macks. Bliss.



Nails

42812306_1545518488928305_2385079082741137408_nI managed to do my nails a good few times in August, but this one had the biggest reaction on Instagram. Pink base Barry M Rose Hip, white Model’s Own White Last Night, gold Revlon Gold Coin, Rose Gold Cirque Colors Halcyon and glitter Barry M Starlight.






Mug

42864364_238135416879090_1383512534882975744_nIf you’ve seen my Instagram then you’ll probably know I’m a fan of mugs, can’t resist buying a new one! I got this beaut from the Monterey Bay Aquarium in California, the jellyfish tanks there are incredible.






Playing

42743642_1718840328245494_5156604956110749696_nPokémon Go! I updated my phone in July and could finally download Pokémon Go again. I like how active it makes me, I did so much more walking in August than I would have if I didn’t have the game.




I know I had more planned to say but I think this is a solid place to wrap things up. Hopefully I’ll have my September Favourites up next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...