Sunday, January 8, 2012

Favourite Songs of 2011: Part 2

Continuing on where Part 1 left off!

Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds ‘The Death of You and Me’. This isn’t my usual type of music. While I like Oasis songs, I was never a huge huge fan. This song is amazing though! I will admit though, every time it starts, I think it’s The Beautiful South starting! It does have a Beatles-ish quality to it, which is probably why I like it. And I love the line ‘Watching my tv/Or is it watching me?’, very 1984!

‘You and I’ by Lady Gaga. Yes, another Gaga song but you couldn’t really have just one favourite in a year! While I do enjoy ‘Edge of Glory’, this one just about pipped it for me. I love the country twang to it. Again, not my favourite kind of music but for some reason I just love it. Though, once again, I’m not too sure on the video!

Otis by Kanye West and Jay-Z. Part of me hates myself for liking this excuse for egotism (it’s just basically them bragging) and it’s quite odd considering it has no chorus in the song. But I love the way Kanye writes, his play on words.

And speaking of Jay-Z, what a year it’s been for him and Beyonce! I did enjoy her ‘Run the World’ song (but hated ‘Best Thing I Never Had’), it’s very catchy, despite a lot of negativity around it. I heard a great mash up with Nicola Robert’s ‘Beat of My Drum’ song, but alas I can’t find it anywhere.

Rihanna and Katy Perry seemed to be everywhere this year! They both released a handful of songs. While I do like ‘We Found Love’ Rihanna brought out with Calvin Harris, I’ve quickly grown tired of it. I do still like ‘S&M’ though. And while ‘Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)’ was probably Katy Perry’s biggest hit of 2011, my vote goes with ‘E.T'.’, a song that slowly grew on me (and even though I just proclaimed my love for Kanye’s lyrics, I MUCH prefer the version without him).

LMFAO again, this time ‘Sexy and I Know It’. Again, just very catchy and good, tongue in cheek fun!

4 comments:

  1. I love The Death of You and Me, it's a great song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, it's one that's really surprised me, I didn't think I'd love it as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get Katy Perry's album! I love all the singles she's released from Teenage Dream (but E.T. is actually my least favourite, eek), and my faves are probably Teenage Dream (I have this awesome remix of it on my Ipod!), Last Friday Night (TGIF), and The One That Got Away :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't actually have the album but I think my sister might, I'll have to borrow! I hated E.T. when I first heard it but it grew on me, I think I like the quirkiness

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...