Sunday, October 13, 2013

YouTube Pick of the Week Music Edition

This week I’ve decided to stick with videos that revolve around music in one way or another. Hope you enjoy!

Of course, the internet has been ablaze with Miley Cyrus for a while now and it amped up once Sinead O’Connor decided to write a series of open letters. I’m not going to dwell on that, instead listen to this Wrecking Ball and Nothing Compares 2U mashup, I love it!

Sticking with Miley for the second video, here she is singing with The Roots and Jimmy Fallon in an acapella version of We Won’t Stop. I prefer it to the original!

Coolio popped up this week, singing Gangsta’s Paradise with some University of Central Lancashire students in Preston. Bizarre in some ways but totally worth a watch.

I can’t even explain how awesome this video is. Sweet Child o’ Mine played on a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guzhengguzheng, a Chinse zither instrument. It’s epic!

I’ve shown videos before from CDZA, I love them. This one is the Journey of Guitar Solo, they also have a drums one too.

Finally Clare celebrate winning the All Ireland Hurling Championship by having Brendan Bugler play on the accordion, some dancing and some singing. I guess Anthony Daly was right, we DO love our traditional music as well as our hurling! As someone who was at that match, it was a fantastic day and I just loved seeing this video after.

And that’s it for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...