My 3rd Valentine’s nails look. With the amount of looks I’ve been trying out, my nails are probably hating me right now! This is like the equivalent of waiting for a bus for me, don’t feel like painting my nails for months and then all of a sudden it’s like
Ahem. Anyway, back to today’s look.
1. Start off with a base coat to protect your nails.
2. Paint your nails a nude colour. I used Nails Inc in Basil Street. Apply enough coats until you’re satisfied and allow to dry completely.
3. Paint nails with a matt top coat. I used the Essence one. This step isn’t essential, though like I said back in the Chalkboard Nails tutorial, I find it much easier to write over a matt surface.
4. Once matt coat is dry, draw your design! I start with a heart, then did the loops and ended with adding the dots. You can do whatever you want, you can fill in the hearts with more swirls and lines if you wish. I wanted mine simplistic though. I used Barry M Nail Art Pen in White to draw my designs.
5. Finally you can add a top coat if you wish. I didn’t because I really like the shiny finish of the white against the matt nude, which actually kinda shined up a bit by the next day. Only downside is your nails will fade a bit, like you can see on my thumb above. If you do apply a topcoat (shiny or matt, it’s up to you), do make sure white is completely dry and you don’t use too many strokes, otherwise the lace will smudge and streak.
I really like how these turn out, they may not be perfect but they still make me smile! I think they’re a great subtle look for Valentine’s Day, if you don’t want to wear something red or pink.