I saw this recipe on Sorted the other day and just KNEW I had to make it today for Pancake Day. I love cinnamon buns and what better way to jazz up a pancake than to combine the two?!
Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes
Recipe from Sorted Food
75g butter, room temperature
75g dark brown sugar
150g self raising flour
1tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
1. To make the cinnamon sugar mixture, mix the cinnamon, butter and sugar in a bowl until smooth. I honestly found this mixture to be too hard, because when I transferred it to a zip lock bag for piping, every time I squeezed, the bag burst at the seams. In the end, I placed the sugar mixture into the microwave for 5 seconds to make it a bit runnier. Cut the corner off the zip lock bag to pipe out mixture.
2. To make the batter, sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add salt. Add the eggs and mix.
3. Add the buttermilk slowly, whisking the whole time to incorporate.
4. Heat frying pan on medium heat with a small bit of butter or oil. Add a large tablespoon of batter (I actually used an ice cream scoop as I found it was the right measurement). Swirl on some of the cinnamon sugar on the raw top.
5. Once the bottom has finished cooking, flip over and cook for 30 seconds. Once cooked, remove and wipe the pan between uses to get rid of any sugar that might burn.
6. Repeat step 4 and 5 until you have finished! You can cook these off all at once and reheat in microwave. Serve on their own, with berries (like the Sorted guys did) or with maple syrup. Or, to really take the cinnamon bun theme to the next level, make some vanilla glace icing to pour on top!