Sunday, November 9, 2014

Essene Hello Autumn Thermo Nail Polish in Meet My Pumpkin

I feel a bit silly doing a post about Autumn in November. Ireland has their seasons a little differently to the rest of the world. We consider August, September and October as Autumn months, with November being a Winter month. Though I know other places still consider November Autumn (or rather Fall).

Anyway, I’m rambling! I haven’t used a thermo polish before so I was looking forward to getting my hands on one. I chose the orange one as I do love orange nail polish. I idea behind thermo polishes is that on long nails, the end of the nail is cooler than the top near the cuticle, so a thermo polish will change colour depending on if it’s warm or cool. It will change as well if your environment is colder too. It’s an easy way to have ombre nails really!

IMG_3858

Here it is at room temperature, you can see the bottom is a tad darker than the top.

IMG_3862

In this picture, I ran my hand under cold water to make the nails change colour more. the first two nails show the top still warm and the last two nails show when the entire nail is colder.

I love the idea of this, it’s a fun and easy way to jazz up your polish collection. I know Essence has some more thermo ones they are introducing so I’m looking forward to trying them out.

What do you think of thermo polishes? Let me know in a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...