Friday, July 15, 2016

2016 BookTubeAThon Challenges and TBR

It’s that time of read again! Summer time means the BookTubeAThon! For any of you not familiar with the BookTubeAThon, then let me explain. It’s a week long readathon, run by the lovely Ariel Bisett. It started in 2013 so this is the 4th year running. Ariel sets some reading challenges, as well as video challenges and fun Twitter challenges over at the BookTubeAThon Twitter account, with different booktubers taking the reins over the week.


It’s a bit of fun and you don’t have to be a booktuber or blogger to take part! You don’t have to do any of the challenges either you if you don’t want to. If you just to try read a bit more than you usually do and see what everyone else is up to that’s perfectly fine! I love doing the challenges and seeing what other friends are doing too. Here are the challenges:

1. Read a book with yellow on the cover
2. Read a book only after sunset (night time only!)
3. Read a book you discovered through booktube
4. Read a book by one of your favourite authors
5. Read a book older than you
6. Read a book, then watch the film adaptation
7. Read 7 books

The best thing about these challenges is that you can double or triple up on them. So if you have a book by a favourite author that also has yellow on the cover, then bam! You have two challenges down already! I have picked 7 books and some can fit into several of the categories, though I haven’t decided if I’ll double up or not yet. This month has been a bit of a slump for me so hopefully I can pick up again! Some of mine are also dependant on them coming in on time at the library so if they don’t I’ll have to figure out something else. All part of the fun!

one
two

End of Watch by Stephen King (Book by Favorite Author)

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff (Book through booktube)

Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen (Book to film)

Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit by Jeanette Winterson (book older than you)

The Burning by Jane Casey

I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson (book with yellow on the cover)

Lying in Wait by Liz Nugent


Some of the books don’t have a category yet, partly because I haven’t decided what will be my night only book. The Liz Nugent is because I want to read it for the Rick O’Shea Bookclub and I hope to get some of my Book Riot Read Harder challenges.
Here are some links if you’re interested in enjoying in! BookTubeAThon YouTube Page, BookTubeAThon Twitter Page, Ariel Bisett YouTube.

And my links for previous years
2013- TBR post. Results post
2014- TBR post. Results post
2015- TBR post. Results post

And seeing as one of my favourite things about BookTubeAThon is seeing what others are reading, I can’t wait to see my friends are planning! Sharon from Behind Green Eyes has a post up, which you can check out here. I’d love to hear if you’re taking part! Leave a comment below and let me know

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...