Wednesday, January 2, 2019

2019 Aims

It’s 2019! It’s been a while since I’ve done a New Year’s Resolutions post but there are some things that I want to improve on. Not so much resolutions, I looked at the meaning for that and it’s something you absolutely intend to do or not do. I don’t like the sound of that, it’s too firm and rigid for me. So I’m calling them aims, something I have the intention of achieving. At the moment I just want to put down my intentions, I’ll work on setting goals to help me get there. And I’ll assess these things as I go along, something that’s important now might not be in a few months time, things change, people change. But for now these are the things I have in mind.


1. Reading

I have in the past done Reading Resolutions posts but for now I’ll just keep it to this post. I want continue doing the Book Riot Read Harder challenge, reduce the amount of books I own that I haven’t read and read a big book, preferably a Russian classic.


2. Creativity

I own a lot of cooking, baking and crafting books, as well as using Pinterest and Ravelry to save things I’m interested in. So I want to make at least one thing from each of my books, as well as some Pinterest and Ravelry items. I own a lot of craft supplies too, I get swept up in wanting to try things but then once I have the supplies I get scared to use them in case I mess things up and ‘waste’ the supplies. Essentially I need to work on my fears that it’s ok for something not to be 100% perfect.


3. Small Changes

The title of this is a bit vague but I saw something recently on Instagram about small changes when it comes to being eco. I want to incorporate that with buying less stuff, clearing out my home and using up things I have. Choosing the item with less packaging, not buying that cheap t-shirt, bringing a reusable cup when I get coffee, supporting more indie shops and businesses in person and online, eating more vegetarian meals. Just being a bit more aware of how I impact the world around me.


4. Planning for the future

Specifically money and health wise. But also jobs, travel plans, being more vocal on issues that are important to me etc. I know this is vague but I guess while the previous point was about how I impact the world, this one is to be more aware of how my actions now impact my future and the person I want to become.

So that’s it for now. Like I said, I’ll work on setting goals for these things, I might do a post on that or I might just get a notebook. Happy New Year and may 2019 bring great things for us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...