I’ve spoken before about recipes that seem to follow me around. Recipes that I see in books and online that keep pop up and just seem to follow me around, begging to be made. This was certainly the case for this recipe. I first saw it in Rachel Allen’s Bake. Every time I open up that book for find another recipe, I always pass this one and think ‘I must make these some day!’. And yet I always passed over it, despite really wanting to make it! Then I saw it on The Katz Miaow and when my blogiversary came around, I knew it was the perfect excuse to make these! And for those that don’t know, blondies are essentially brownies made with white chocolate.
Peanut Butter Blondies
Adapted from Rachel Allen ‘Bake’
125g plain flour
1tsp baking powder
100g butter,at room temp
150g peanut butter (recipe calls for crunchy,I used smooth)
175g soft brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1tsp vanilla essence
75g white chocolate, chopped
Handful of mini marshmallowsMethod
1. Pre-heat oven to 170°C. Butter the sides of a 20 x 20cm square cake tin and line the bottom with greaseproof paper.
2. In a bowl, cream the butter and peanut butter together until soft and fully mixed. Add the sugar, eggs and vanilla essence to the bowl and mix until combined.
3. Sift in the flour and baking powder. Add white chocolate chips and mix to form a dough.
4. Place dough into the baking tin and smooth until level. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and allow to fully cool in tin. This is important, to let it set.
6. Cut into squares and serve! It goes well with vanilla ice cream. I served it with butterscotch sauce.