Last month was my friend’s birthday and I was arranging a last minute sort of get together and wanted something quick and easy to bring along. So I decided to try make some Rocky Road!
I decided to turn to one of my favourite YouTube cooking channels, Sorted Foods. I love their recipes and how much fun they seem to have while cooking. I think it really shows the enjoyment you can have when cooking. Here’s the video.
I varied my recipe slightly but that’s the beauty with rocky road, you can chop and change the ingredients to suit your taste. You can add different nuts, some dried fruit or some desiccated coconut.
Adapted from Sorted Food
300g plain chocolate, chopped into pieces
30g golden syrup
150g digestive biscuits
Handful of mini marshmallows
Handful of chopped macadamia nuts (or nuts of your choice)
1. Place a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. Add chocolate, butter and golden syrup. Melt until smooth and glossy.
2. In a plastic Ziploc bag, add the digestive biscuits and bash with a rolling pin. Don’t crumble them too fine, you want some large-ish pieces.
3. Add the biscuits, marshmallows and nuts into the chocolate mix and stir to coat everything.
4. Line a square baking tin with cling film in both directions and leave some over hanging. Transfer rocky road mixture into the tin and smooth out. Cover the top with the extra cling film and place into fridge for a few hours to set.
5. Remove from tin by pulling up the cling film and cut into squares.
And here’s the spread! A lemon cake, rainbow cupcakes, scones, rocky road and sweeties. Yum!