Thursday, April 24, 2014

Maybelline Color Show Bleached Neon Collection

It’s not a secret I’m a fan of Maybelline Color Show Limited Editions. I loved the Polka Dots and the Street Artist ones, as well as the Brocades and Stripped Nudes. So when I saw the new collection, Bleached Neons in Superdrug, I decided to give them a go.

Maybelline Bleached Neon

From left to right: Tropink, Chic Chartreuse, Sun Flare and Coral Heat

DSC08501

 

DSC08500

Tropink is, as the name suggests, a tropical pink! It’s quite bright, perhaps even a bit brighter in person than the pictures are showing. I’d love to compare it to a more neon pink, like the Model’s Own one, to see how ‘bleached’ it really is.

DSC08504

DSC08505

Chic Chartreuse is a yellowy green. The pictures above show subtle changes in the colour depending on the light. It is pretty bright in sunlight, though again definitely seems a bit more washed out than other neon greens.

DSC08513

DSC08514

Sun Flare is my least favourite. It’s definitely the most bleached of the lot, it looks like an orange highlight colour that’s been left in the sun too long. It’s a peachy orangey kind of shade and really not my cup of tea. Though it could look great on the right skin tone.

DSC08517

DSC08508

Finally Coral Heat. Possibly my favourite (though I do think this collection had too many pinky shades). It’s bright and fun and would probably look amazing with a tan.

That’s it. I would still like to compare these to something brighter, I know they’re meant to be toned down versions of neons, thanks to the name of the collection, but while wearing them (especially Tropink and Chic Chartreuse) I felt like they were actually very bright. But the photos don’t bring that across quite as well.

Do you like any of these? Can your recommend some good neon shades? Let me know in a comment below!

2 comments:

  1. I think china glaze make the best neons. The new ones are known to have a terrible formula but the set before that (I think it's the summer neon collection) that has I'm with the lifeguard and Love's a beach is an amazing collection! Great colours and formulas and it's pretty cheap on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Why didn't I think of China Glaze, the neons I've seen definitely are amazing

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...