Sunday, October 19, 2014

Recent Bookish Purchases featuring Books Are My Bag!

So recently I’ve had the chance to buy some bookish things! The last time I’ve bought a book prior to this was Fangirl at the Rainbow Rowell event but I can’t even remember the last time I bought a book before that! Money’s been so tight that I’ve either bought second hand, used Amazon vouchers I’ve earned online to buy e-books or borrowed from the library. I don’t mind this, but I have missed going into book shops and just being able to pick up a book (or 5!).

Last weekend was this year’s launch of Books Are My Bag. I did a post last year about the campaign and this year I was excited to get my hands on a limited edition Tracey Emin bag! My local bookshop didn’t get any of the bags in but a quick tweet to the lovely Urmston Bookshop confirmed they did and they very kindly kept one for me. Here’s what I bought on my visit there!

IMG_3663

First up, the main reason for my visit, the lovely Tracey Emin Books Are My Bag bag.

   IMG_3667 IMG_3668

I also got the traditional Books Are My Bag bag, which is a good thing as my one from last year broke the next day coming home from work!

IMG_3669

I picked up this Literary Map of Ireland from The Literary Gift Company, something I’ve wanted for aggggggges!

IMG_3666

Finally I got a copy of Alphabetical by Michael Rosen. I’ve been humming and hahing over it, especially since there’s a copy in the library, but I decided to finally pick it up. It’s something I’ve been interested in reading about since I finished Just My Type by Simon Garfield.

IMG_3665

I’ve also purchased two other books recently. One was just before the Preloved Vintage Event and the other was in Foyles on my London Day Trip.

IMG_3673

    IMG_3676 IMG_3675

Circle Line: Around London in a Small Boat by Steffan Meyric Hughes sounds like just me thing: a book about London combined with some stunt journalism. To The Letter by Simon Garfield was bought because I’ve been dying to read some Garfield since I read Just My Type and while the library has some other books, this one was the one that sounded most interesting to me. I’ve just realised now that the three books I bought were non-fiction too, clearly I’m in a non-fiction mood!

Did you buy anything for Books Are My Bag this year? Have you read any of the books above? Let me know in a comment below!

2 comments:

  1. I am DESPERATE to get around to my copy of To The Letter but as always I manage to get sidetracked! That Michael Rosen book looks amazing, it's on the list ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't picked up the book yet myself!! I've fallen into a right slump, only finished two books so far this November. I plan on tackling my own stash of books though next year

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...