There was an interesting post on Beaut.ie a couple of weeks ago about Ten Things to Do Before You Die. And it got me thinking. Not just about all the things I want to do and places I want to see. But also about the list I made when I was 11/12. I went rooting around my room and sure enough, I found the list! So here it is, all spelling mistakes corrected, all the things I have so far achieved bolded and comments in italics!
1. Learn languages (French, German & Spanish). I’ve bolded French as I studied it in school but it’s certainly rusty!
2. Pass my exams (Junior Cert and Leaving Cert). You can tell I wrote this as a young un as college exams never crossed my mind! But I am pleased to say I passed those too!
3. Travel the world. A work in progress
4. Dye Hair (Normal colour and wild colour). I’ve never had the balls to put a fun colour like blue or purple into my hair, though I really want to try it
5. Get a small tattoo. Not sure if I want to do this still
6. Stay in touch with all my friends. I wrote this list after moving after 5th class. And no, it didn’t happen then to be honest, except for a handful of people.
7. Get a good job. Again, work in progress
8. Bungee jump. I was certainly a more fearless back then, I’m now afraid of heights but it’s something I’d still half consider maybe possibly doing.
9. Parachute. Again, heights. Again, maybe.
11. Swim with dolphins. Not so keen on this, but I would still do it if I had the chance
12. Learn to drive and pass exam. Not only both of these but I now have my very first car!
13. Try to beat a World Record. Ambitious wasn’t I?!
14. Learn to fly an aeroplane. See the above comment
15. Design clothes and make them
16. Learn to use a sewing machine
17. Stay fit and healthy. Nope, can’t say this one has worked out but it can still be achieved!
18. Go to a concert. My first one being Justin Timberlake!
19. Be in a movie or TV show
20. Scuba dive
21. Go to the Ice Hotel. Still REALLY want to do this one!
22. Have a weird pet. Umm, no thanks!
23. Appear in a magazine
24. Become a vegetarian for a month. Something I often think about doing, just for the experience
25. Learn a martial art. I once won a free karate term, went to one and decided it most definitely wasn’t for me!
26. Go to a health farm/spa. Anyone want to treat me?!
27. Stop biting my nails and grow them. After years of trying, I have succeeded!
28. Go to a yoga course
29. Learn 1st aid. I’ve learnt basic 1st aid in TY, I would love to do a more in depth one though
30. Learn to belly dance
31. Adopt an animal. I think I meant more sponsor an animal, like in a zoo, but now if I was going to get a pet, I think I would adopt one from an animal shelter
32. Kiss the Blarney Stone. I’d forgotten this was on the list! I did it earlier this year on 2nd January
33. Learn to ski. Nowhere close to learning!
34. Go on a rollercoaster
It’s funny how your ambitions and goals change as you get older. Looking at this list, I see I was definitely more ambitious and more confident in myself. And a bit in vague (like travel the world, I only mentioned one place I specifically wanted to go to and that was the bloody Blarney Stone!).
I say my list has changed considerably. There’s still things on here I would like to do, but I know there’s so much more I want to do and more importantly, so much more I want to see in the world. I think I’ll make an updated list some time soon and post it here!