Sunday, February 14, 2016

Two Heart Polish Nail Toppers for Valentine’s Day

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! I know there’s a lot of mixed feelings about the day, I’m not a hater of it but it’s not a massive massive deal for me either. Usually because my boyfriend is working but seeing as it’s a weekend this year it’ll be nice to spend it with himself.

Last year I bought a polish with hearts in it to use for a look but it didn’t really work for me (I did use the polish this year though for my Squidgy Jelly nails). I had looked at loads of other brands online to find a polish with hearts but that poundshop one was the only one I could find. After Valentine’s Day I discovered the Nails Inc Alexa heart polish and almost bought it, but didn’t because a) it was expensive and b) Valentine’s was over. I was delighted that Maybelline Color Show brought out the limited edition All Access NY Top Coats in NY Lover. Back then I paired it with nude polish, today with a bright pink! Shortly after finding that polish, I then found the same polish but with opposite colours in Claire’s Accessories for only £1!

IMG_0822

First up is the Maybelline polish

IMG_0785

IMG_0790

I didn’t think I’d like this polish over a bright pink but I LOVE it! I used Essence in Free Hugs for the base with the Maybelline All Access NY Top Coat in NY Lover.

IMG_0809

IMG_0819

For the base coat I used Essence That’s What I Mint!, which I think has been discontinued but there’s loads of colours like this, especially seeing as it’s spring. This Claire’s polish was a bit harder to manipulate but I still like it.

Which one do you prefer? I think I prefer the Maybelline one but it could be because I’ve used it more.

2 comments:

  1. Yeh I prefer the maybelline one too. It just seems to gel better with the nail.It looks great over that pink base!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, it does. I think it's because the hearts are smaller and not as thick. And I'm loving this pink at the mo! Not usually me but it's caught my eye

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...