Monday, July 26, 2010

Hair Behaving Badly

It is a universally acknowledged truth that just before you go to change your hair in any shape or form, it begins to look great. Fact. It is something I have documented several times times in my life.

For example, for the past month and a half, I have been looking forward to getting my hair trimmed. I love having long hair but it was now at the top of my bum and it was just dragging me down. My hair is naturally thick and curly but at this length there was too much weight in it, pulling out the curl and just pulling my overall mood down. It was still relatively healthy and would have given Cheryl Cole a run for her money but I was getting sick of it. I eventually managed getting around to booking an appointment three days ago and low and behold, my hair began to behave itself! So much so, that I didn't want to get it cut after all! I went through with it though and boy am I relieved I did. It has been such a relief, it's a weight off my shoulders, both literally and figuratively. My mood has been lifted and I can swish my hair around more, which is always a bonus. And I will save a small fortune on hair products. I was quite surprised by this transformation in moods, but thinking about it, it makes sense. Hair has always been associated when moods, like having a bad hair day. Washing that man right out of your hair. And getting a bad hair cut or dye job is enough to turn on the waterworks and have a grown woman cry for days. I guess I just underestimated the mood changing power of a hair cut.

Now, back to the original topic. I haven't just noticed this when I go to cut my hair. Oh no, this happens every week when I go to wash it. Washing my hair is one of my biggest burdens, I would almost clean my room over washing my hair. Because of the length and thickness, it is such an effort to go wash it properly, there's more steps involved than I want to count right now (maybe another post on that). I often put it off until I need to wash it and then when I decide I will go have a shower, it starts looking good again! It's like it's saying 'NOOO! Don't wash me, I'll behave I swear!'. Like a bold child. I guess it's just one of those Laws of The Universe, like how you WILL look back on teenage pictures and cringe at the dreadful make up.

Does this happen with anyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...