So part of my New Year’s Resolutions last year was to cook 12 new dishes and to bake or make 12 new sweet dishes. I picked 12 as there was one for each month, even though it didn’t really pan out that way! I thought to ease me into more food related blog posts, I’d start by showing the lists from last year!
So when it came to cooking the more savoury dishes, some of them are mains, some of them soups and some of them more side dishes. I thought it would be good to mix them up a bit. Not all worked, most did though!
1. Spanish Tortilla (fell apart a bit but still tasted nice)
2. Round Roast of Beef with Yorkshire Puddings
3. Vegetable and pulse soup (so filling and lovely!)
4. Steak with fried mushrooms and fried onions
5. Veggie Burgers and tomato salsa (like to retry, veggie burgers were a bit gummy)
6. Spaghetti and Meatballs
7. Roast Vegetable soup
10. Mushroom Soup
11. Chicken and Roast Veg Cous Cous
12. Cheese and Bacon stuffed Chicken Breast
13. Cheesy Broccoli Gratin
14. Potato Bake
15. Chicken and Mushroom Vol Au Vents
For the baking and sweet dishes, it was a lot more hit and nice. Though some of them I’d definitely like to retry and some have become baking staples.
1. Czech Honey Cake (didn’t work out, so yummy when I tried it in Prague though!).
2. Yoghurt cakes and yoghurt muffins (great way to use up just gone off yoghurt).
3. Honey Granola
4. Chocolate Eclairs (pastry came out well, didn’t like the chocolate topping though).
5. Raspberry and Blackberry Sorbet
6. Apple Tart
7. Apple Crumble
8. Apple Caramel Cake (we had boxes of picked apples at mine!)
9. Tres Leche Cake (from The Pioneer Woman, turned out too soggy!).
10. Tiramisu (chocolate flavoured instead of coffee).
11. Pizza dough.
12. Red Onion, Garlic and Mozzarella Foccaia.
13. Turkish Delight.
I’m going to do the challenge again this year, so any suggestions on what to make would be great! I’d love to hear your ideas.