I love Pinterest! It’s one of my favourite websites, has great ideas for a whole range of things. My favourite being recipes. Especially baking and dessert recipes! I actually made these last summer and forgot about writing the post until now. Super simple to make and even more impressive than shop bought ones!
Adapted from How Sweet It Is
270g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
170g butter (melted and cooled. Microwaving is the fastest way to melt, leave it stand for roughly 10 minutes after to cool)
200g brown sugar
100g caster sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
2 tsp Vanilla extract
Handful or two of M&Ms (original recipe calls for mini ones, I used crispy ones though. Choice is really yours)
1. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Sift the flour and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the butter and sugars together until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk and vanilla and stir until mixed.
3. Gradually add the flour and mix until a dough forms. Don’t worry if it looks a bit crumbly at first, it will all come together (use your hands if you think you need to). Fold in M&Ms.
4. Divide the dough (if you want larger cookies, use large balls). Using your hands, shape each portion into a ball and then pull each ball in half. You are then going to stack one half on top of the other, with the ‘rough’ part (from where it was pulled) facing upwards and then squish both halves together.
5. Place the dough rough sides up on baking tray, leaving enough space between them to allow for spreading.
6. Bake for 12-15 mins (large) or 8-12 (regular size) or until slightly brown. Don’t let it brown too much as you want the cookie more chewy than crunchy.
7. Let them cool completely and enjoy!
You could add different chocolates in if you’d like. How would you make them?