Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Great Gatsby Art Deco Inspired Nails

I have a grá for Art Deco designs. I don’t know much about it but it sure does look pretty! The Roaring 20s also intrigues me very much. Combined this with my love of Baz Luhrmann and the fact I do like The Great Gatsby, I think I’m going to love this new Gatsby film! Here’s hoping poor ol’ Leo at least gets an Oscar nomination for it!

So I decided to try out some nail ideas thanks to all above. Today’s one is inspired by the poster art from the new film, I love the black and gold together. I was originally going to go with a lighter gold (in fact, the gold I used for the second look) but this one caught my light instead.

DSC07335

 

DSC07348

DSC07325

DSC07336

It’s not as straight as I’d like, I clearly need some practice when it comes to using striping tape, but I really liked it!

Products Used

Gold- Catrice in Oh My Goldness

Black- Wet n Wild in Black Cream

Striping tape from eBay

2 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic! Really great idea, love how it turned out x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Sharon! It's not perfect but I was very happy with how it turned out

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...