Sunday, April 22, 2012

30 Days of Pinterest: Day 21

We’ve hit the 3 weeks mark! And I’d thought I’d treat myself to mark that occasion (any excuse really!). I’d seen a recipe last year for Dutch pancakes on Craftster and the other week it popped into my head. So I searched for it and pinned it the blog it came from, The Intermission. I LOVE pancakes and Yorkshire Puddings, so this looked like it was right up alley.

DSC02916

Dutch Oven Pancakes

Ingredients

3 eggs
2 tbsp melted butter + 1 tbsp for pan
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup milk (I used full fat but it’s up to you)
1/2 cup plain flour
1/4 tsp vanilla extract (original recipe uses lemon,I preferred vanilla though)
pinch of salt

Icing sugar to serve

Method

1. Grease pan with a little oil (I mean a little too!). Preheat oven and pan at 220°C (425°F).

2. Whisk eggs until light and frothy. Add the milk, butter, sugar, salt and extract and mix.

3. Fold in the flour. The mixture will probably be a bit lumpy.

4. While the pan is hot, remove from the oven and add the butter, swirling to coat the entire pan. Add the batter to the pan and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and puffy.

5. Dust with icing sugar and enjoy start away!

DSC02914

Motion shot!

Keep an eye on the pancake while in the oven (without opening the door if possible) or else it will end up like this!

DSC02913

I got a great shock when I looked in the oven and saw it expanding all over the place! Though I just cut off the sides and ate them, they tasted like Yorkshire Puddings! And while the main pancake part was much more like a dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...