I love banana bread and the fact you can easily mix it up and make it something different. I was looking at some recipes on Pinterest and decided to mix two together to make a cinnamon chocolate chip banana bread. Sounds like there’s a lot going on, but trust me it all works! I snapped a picture of it for my Day in the Life post a week or so ago.
Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
2 large or 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed up
1/3 cup melted butter
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 egg, beaten
1stp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 – 1 cup chocolate chips (depending on how many you want)
2tbsp sugar and pinch of cinnamon, mixed together
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F
2. Butter and flour (or line) a loaf pan, I used an average sized one, not too small but not too big. Probably 9 x 5
3. Mix together the melted butter, mashed bananas, caster sugar, egg and vanilla extract.
4. Sift the baking soda and flour into the mixed ingredients and add salt. Then gently fold in dry ingredients, being careful not to over mix. Then add in the chocolate chips and stir gently.
5. Add 1/2 the mixture to the pan. Sprinkle about 1 tbsp of the sugar and cinnamon mix evenly over the batter. Add the remaining batter on top and then sprinkle with the rest of the sugar and cinnamon mix.
6. Bake for 50-60 mins. Keep an eye on it, if using a different sized pan it might take more or less time so adjusting accordingly.
7. Leave to cool on a wire rack before cutting in. I usually always try when it’s still a bit warm though!