Day 4 of Blog Every Day in May and I was very kindly nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by Orla over at Orla’s World. The Liebster Award is for new and up and coming blogs with under 200 followers (though seeing as my blog was created in 2010, not sure how new I am!). Still, it’s a fun way to find out new things about bloggers and it’s a bit craic too! I thought it would be perfect to do for BEDM too.
It starts off with 11 facts about you, which are as follows.
1. I was a child nerd. I used to love going to school and reading. I went to the public library at least once a week, if not twice and also used my Dad's library card so I could get out even more books. I was a library monitor in the school library and used to love the competitions that we had each week in the library in the class. I put off going to the hospital for an hour when I banged my lip, so my team would get more points (Think we won that year!). I also used to love the after school quiz club and doing quizzes against other schools. And for Christmas, I asked for sciencey stuff, like a microscope, a telescope and an Atlas. I used to memorise the capitals of the world!
2. I love airports and going on planes. I think it's partly to do with the whole atmosphere of the airport.
3. While on the subject of transport, I also love the London Underground, being on it, looking at the map, reading about it and collecting Tube stuff. I would love to be an announcer and have practice my Tube Lady voice.
4. I have a few scars, one on my chin from busting it open when doing the worm, some I got from chicken pox and getting my appendix out. and I have scar tissue on my left side of my upper lip, when I slipped and banged my mouth off the side of a door. Despite the blood pouring from my mouth, one boy in my class thought I was pretending. It was also the first time I got stitches
5. In my head, I like to think I’m really crafty and creative but I am so crappy at doing crafts in real life. It usually turns out out like a Pinterest fail. Though it doesn’t stop me from enjoying it though!
6. First cd I ever owned was Spice by The Spice Girls.I got it in 1997 after my parents went to Chicago on holiday.I also got a discman then as well. I still have the CD!
7. Halloween is my favourite holiday but my love for Christmas grows more and more every year.
8. I love planning parties! I wish where I lived right now wasn’t so small as I’d love to have a Eurovision party!
9. My most recent obsession is Tunnock Teacakes.
10. I’ve never met anyone who shares my birthday.
11. Apparently I used to force my Mum to carry a can of cat food with a picture of a specific cat on it when I was a toddler. She couldn’t even take the label off and just carry that around, it HAD to be the can.
Now to answer the questions Orla left in her post.
- Dogs or Cats (Important question… it’s how I judge all my friends lol) Oh dear, I don’t think you’re going to like my answer! I love cats, I’ve been around them ever since I was born. Though I will say I like dogs too! Though I’ve definitely more a cat person.
- What book are you reading right now… and should I read it too? Currently reading The Diamond Thief, a YA book about a girl in the circus who is also an expert gem thief and set in Victorian London. I’m really enjoying it so far, it’s fun and I love books set in Victorian London.
- Desert island items? Can I say a raft?! Ok, I’d definitely need something to read if I was stuck on a desert island, so a solar charging Kindle filled with all the books I want to read!
- Whiskey, vodka or Rum? Ooh, tough choice! When I first started drinking, I would have definitely said vodka. Though these days I’m more of a rum person as I love drinking Captain Morgans. That’s not to say I’d turn down any of these though! I do like a whiskey every now and again.
- If you invite me for dinner what am I eating? (Note, if it sounds good I’m coming for dinner!) Well, seeing as I’m craving it right now, probably some Wagamama style Yaki Soba! So yummy. Followed by some cupcakes, your choice!
- What beauty bits are you loving right now? I’m currently using the Garnier Ultimate Blends Shampoo and Conditioner for Dull Hair at the moment and liking them. Also nail varnishes, I can’t even list any as I love them all!
- What’s the most overrated product you’ve spent your hard earned money on? This is a good question! I can’t think of any one product but I don’t know how many times I’ve bought an item of clothing I loved, wanting to change up my style a bit, but once I brought the clothing home, lost the nerve to wear it. There’s so many unworn items in my wardrobe, it’s dreadful!
- What’s your most prized possession? Why? Probably my photos. I love capturing moments and being able to look back on good times and remember them. Also my ‘Nana blanket’. Before she died, my Nana bought my siblings and I (well, the 4 oldest anyway!) these nice woollen tartan style blankets. They definitely look Nana-ish in style but we love them and they definitely make me cosy. I treasure it so much that I haven’t even brought it over with me to England! Because I didn’t trust my movers to bring it over and I didn’t have a suitcase. Next time I go home and back by ferry, I’ll bring it with me. While we’re on blankets, there’s always a patchwork quilt my Mum made me that I treasure too.
- Proudest moment of your life so far? I feel proud that I was able to step in and help my family last year when things were tough. It was hard at the beginning of year, when both my parents were sick (for the whole of February my parents couldn’t drive so I was relied on to drive them places as well as bring and collect my siblings from school). I continued to help when needed and stepped in again September and October when my Dad was having a bone marrow transplant and Mum was up with him in the hospital in Dublin. I was in charge of looking after my 3 youngest siblings and pretty much being a second Mom to them. It was tough but I had my boyfriend, my aunt and great friends to help and support me.
- What is your craziest memory with your best friend? Hmmm, probably the night after we finished our Junior Cert. We went to a teeny bopper disco, then went swimming in the sea at night (which I do NOT advise, it was not a good idea and I got in BIG trouble for it!), stayed up all night talking and when we decided to go to bed, noticed it was dark outside so we went to play tennis outside in our pyjamas!
- Describe your personal style in 3 words Very very lazy!
Now for the questions I want to ask
1. If someone were to hand you a round-trip ticket to any one place in the world, where would you want to go?
2. If you could only use one item of make-up for the rest of your life (blusher, mascara, concealer etc.) what would you pick?
3. Who have you seen play live in concert?
4. Do you have a favourite birthday memory?
5. Do you own any pets?
6. Do you listen to any podcasts? If so, what ones?
7. Have you ever met anyone famous?
8. Worst beauty/fashion mistake you’ve ever made?
9. What’s your favourite thing to cook?
10. Any celebrity crushes?
11. Have you ever won a medal for something?
Here’s who I nominate!
Anyone else you wants to do this!