I have a confession. I made this way back when I hosted a tea party for Pink Ribbon Month. I just never got around to posting it. But it was way too good not to share so I thought I’d take this opportunity to do so now!
Tiramisu Bundt Cake
3 cups plain flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup espresso or very strong coffee
1/4 cup Kahlua
Kahlua Mascarpone Frosting
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
4-oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup Kahlua
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F. Grease and flour bundt pan.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
3. In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light. Beat in eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
4. Mix in the flour and milk alternatively into the bowl, ending on the last of the flour. Remove one cup of batter and place into bowl. Remove another cup of batter and place into another bowl.
5. Into one of the small bowls of batter, add the espresso/coffee and mix until combined. Add the Kahlua into the other small bowl and mix until combined.
6. Spread half the plain batter into the bundt tin, smoothing the top so the layer is even. Then add the Kuhlua batter evenly around the tin, adding the espresso layer evenly on top of that, before finishing off with the plain batter on top.
7. Bake for 55-60, until a toothpick/knife comes out clean when placed in the centre.
8. To make the icing, combine all the ingredients together into a bowl and mix on medium speed until even and smooth. Ice the bundt cake.
This cake is so yummy, perfect if you want to shake things up when making a coffee cake. The Kahula and espresso layers give a nice marbled layer going through the cake when cut, I wish I thought to get a picture!