Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Essence Special Effect! Nail Art Toppers Part 2

So about a year ago I did a post on some of essence’s Nail Art Toppers and it’s been my most popular post to date. You can check it out here. I’ve been meaning to do a post with the others ones I got but it kept slipping my mind. It wasn’t until I bought some new ones in Penneys a few weeks ago that I committed to finally doing it.

DSC07376

Left to Right: It’s Purplicious, Hello Holo, Copper’ize Me, Holo Topping, Please! (2 coats)

The baby finger looks wrinkly because I put on the essence Peeling Base coat but obviously didn’t wait long enough to apply polish on top of it! Oh, ever the impatient silly cat I am. It’s Purplicious is the second version, they first released it to be a chunkier glitter like Glorious Aquarius but changed it before I had a chance to get my hands on it.

DSC07380

Left to Right: Cool Breeze, Glitter On Me, Mr and Mrs Glitter (2 coats)

I had the same thick, gloopy issue with Mr and Mrs Glitter that I had with Evil Queen from their Snow White Collection, it’s hard to apply! Glitter On Me kinda reminds me of Dollish Polish Heart of Glass, and Cool Breeze looks to be similar to a Revlon polish I saw in Boots a few weeks ago but for the life of me I can’t find the name online!

Of course, I had to test these as toppers as well.

DSC07386

DSC07383

DSC07384

It’s Purplicious with OPI You’re Such a Budapest

Copper’ize Me with Rimmel Lycra Pro Finish in Sea Green

Hello Holo with Nails Inc Motcomb Street

Holo Topping, Please! with essence Prom-Berry

I love the look of the purples together, I was never a huge fan of Copper’ize Me until I put it over this colour and it changed my mind! Motcomb Street and Hello Holo are hypnotic, reminds me of a starry sky. And I’d like to try Holo Topping, Please! with another shade, I did like it but I wonder what it would be like over a cooler, paler colour like a silver or pale blue.

DSC07397

DSC07393

DSC07392

Mr and Mrs Glitter with essence C’est La Vie

Glitter On Me with Catrice No Snow Petrol

Cool Breeze with essence Miss Universe

Cool Breeze sandwiched with Catrice Hugo Moss on baby finger

Again, you can see the trouble I had with Mr and Mrs Glitter, it just can’t work with it! I did like Glitter On Me much more after I applied it over colour. Cool Breeze gave me mixed feelings. I think I picked a polish that had too much shimmer in it and it got a bit lost in that (though it kinda reminded me of a mermaid’s tale or something), I must try it over another colour to get a proper feeling for it. I did like it sandwiched with Hugo Moss, the results showed up much better in person.

And that’s it! Phew, long post. Originally there were other ones realised, probably in Germany and not over here in Ireland, that aren’t out any more that I would love to get my hands on! Alas, I’ll just have to wait for more to come out here.

5 comments:

  1. They've got furry mossy toppings out as part of guerrilla gardening collection... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check that out, thanks :) Hopefully I can get to an essence stand that has that LE!

      Delete
  2. Super pretty! Mr & Mrs Glitter is actually my fave but I think I'll give it a miss if it's so hard to work with xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr & Mrs Glitter is so pretty but it's just very gloopy at times. Maybe it's just my one? I know Sharon over at Behind Green Eyes did a Mr & Mrs Glitter look (over lime green,which is what I first thought to put it over but I changed my mind to get a different look!) and said it was a bit of a pain to work with :( I think it's because it's large chunks of glitter

      Delete
  3. I love love love Essence Hello holo! It's amazing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...