Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year’s Resolutions

Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2014 is good to you. I’m not sure how well I did with my 2013 resolutions, I’ve barely looked at them. I spent more effort I think with my Reading Resolutions! But I decided to try again this year, to try and give myself a bit more focus.

1. Be more healthy

I really need to put a bigger effort into this. 2013 was a hard year as it saw both my parents fall ill and it’s really reminded me that I’m getting older and need to put in a bigger effort with eating well, exercising and taking care of my mental health.

2. Find a job

Easier said than done! But now that I’m living in a new country, in an urban area, there should be much bigger scope and opportunities for me. I just need to buckle down and find something while I try figure out what I want to do with my life.

3. Be more creative

I have a large stash of crafty stuff yet sometimes I’m afraid to use it. You see, in my head I’m really creative and great at crafting but in reality I’m not that good at it. So I’m always afraid to ruin pretty fabrics and materials. I need to stop being afraid and just learn to enjoy the process more, even if my end results end up more pin fail than Pinterest.

4. Try and get out of the house more

I’m pretty introverted and when I’m in a bad place with my anxiety, I can tend to hibernate and stay indoors a lot. I want to get out and about more, be it just ten minutes walking or doing things at weekend, like museums and events.

5. Blog more

Yes, one that happens every year so it seems, but I want to blog a bit more regularly.

6. Learn a new skill

I say this every year but it rarely happens. Not sure what it will be yet but hopefully something will stand out. I still don’t know how to crochet, someone teach me!

7. Keep in contact more with friends

I can be terrible at this but since moving away I’ve gotten a bit worse, so I need to step this up a bit.

8. Try new cooking and baking recipes

Again, I do this most years. I’m not setting any real goals here but I pin tons of things on Pinterest and I need to start trying more

9. Be a bit more organized

Try and keep on top of time management, keeping the house clean and keeping things uncluttered. After having to pack up a whole house, I’ve learned (yet again) I’m a real pack rat, such a hoarder, and I need to keep on top of this in the new apartment.

That’s it! Yes, there’s a few things, but hopefully I’ll be able to work away at these over the year. I don’t expect miracles or anything to happen overnight, but if I revisit this least every now and again, hopefully I’ll be able to improve a small bit in all these areas.

Do you have any resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...