Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A Life Update

So it's been almost a month since I last posted, right in the middle of Blog Every Day in May. Truth be told, I just wasn't feeling it. I really enjoyed it last year and started off this year enjoying it but as it went on I felt like I was forcing myself to go through with it, which meant the quality wasn't what I wanted it to be and it took all the fun out of it.

Though mainly I've been distracted. My boyfriend started working back home in Ireland in March, as part of a 12 week temporary move. Except now it's turned into a 12 month relocation and we have to move. Which is proving very tough and stressful because his company changed their relocation policy at the beginning of the year and are providing us with no relocation support. This is the second time I've been left to deal with the house while my boyfriend has already relocated but he should be back for a week soon enough to help me deal with packing and cleaning. It's proving even harder this time around because I have no car here in Manchester, meaning I can't get boxes and do things like drop stuff off at charity shops and the likes. There are number of other stressful things happening too (including my laptop screen breaking, though luckily I can use it with an external screen) and I just can not wait for June and all the stress to be over!

On top of this, I am heartbroken to be leaving the job I started in February. I love working in a bookshop and I love the people I work it. I look forward to going into work and enjoy what I do so much. I just hope I can find a job that I love as much once I move back home. I'm lucky that I can spend the rest of July in Manchester living with a cousin so I can spend as much time at work as I can. And I am heartbroken to be leaving behind some great friends I've made too. And Manchester, which I have grown to love.

I guess it's not all doom and gloom. As easy as it is for me to concentrate on the negative (glass half empty person that I am), there are some good things. Like being able to stay the extra month in Manchester til the end of July. And the fact that I'll be close enough to home once I move back. Which suits me really well, seeing as I'm a big home bird! This being a temporary move, who knows where we'll be in 12 months time. maybe even back in Manchester! I'm not a huge fan of not knowing but as it is, there's not much I can do about it except try and accept it and relax.

Now, if anyone is a fan of packing things up, you're more than welcome to come and help me!! I'll make you a lovely cake.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Breige, I'm so sorry that you have to leave the job, I know it was the dream one. An awful pain in the arse - but look, you've done the whole relocation thing before and look how amazing it turned out. This time could be just as fantastic, I hope you enjoy the time you have left in the UK and that everything goes alright with the move xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, I did enjoy my time in UK towards the end, it was nice and stress free. Now to try and get sorted here!

      Delete
  2. Best of luck with your move Breige. It is never pleasant having to pack up and move. Hopefully, you will find something you love back in Ireland. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise! I know you've got your own move coming up now too, good luck with that!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...