Saturday, September 26, 2015

Essence Colour of the Year Nail Polish in My Love Diary

So for the past 3 years, Essence has brought out a nail polish shade that corresponds to the Pantone Colour of the Year. I love this idea, there's always a lot of hype about the Colour of the Year in January and I love seeing how fashion and beauty incorporate the colour into what you can wear.

2013's polish The Green & The Grunge, 2014's polish Purple Sugar, 2015's polish My Love Diary

This year's colour is Marsala which is described as a full bodied earthy wine red. When it was announced I wasn't too gone on it but it has grown on me slowly.



 The colour has grown on me even more since swatching! Not going to lie, I mainly picked up the polish as I had the polishes from the past two years and wanted to add to the collection. But I LOVE this shade for autumn, it's beautiful. I've been on a soft pink and neutrals kick recently and wearing this colour is like a step up, still has the softness but it's just richer, deeper. I perfect transition shade from summer into autumn, when I usually like wearing berry and copper shades.


I saw some actual Pantone nail polishes yesterday when in Boots but they were sets for Christmas and none of them seemed to have this shade. It would be a cool idea if Pantone brought out some core colours and added some seasonal trendy ones! Sephora seem to have some Colour of the Year products as well on their website. I have a feeling the Colour of the Year things will become more and more popular, I'm dying to know what it's going to be for 2016!

4 comments:

  1. I love My love diary. It's not something I would normally go for but its really caught my eye lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you've nailed it there. I wouldn't have picked this up if it wasn't for the whole Colour of the Year label on it but I really like it!

      Delete
  2. I haven't bought an Essence polish in so long! I do like colours like this, they're great as a base for a bit of stamping too, it's a colour that would probably suit everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't bought much Essence polish either recently but this one stood out when I was looking at the stand! Ooh I didn't even think about stamping!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...