Wednesday, January 25, 2017

2017 Most Anticipated Book Releases

I always love sitting down and finding out what books of the year that I’m most looking forward to reading. The list is never complete. More books are announced later in the year, I’ll keep hearing about a book and will want to pick it or I’ll read book 1 in series and can’t wait to get my hands on the next installment. Nonetheless, there’s always books from favourites authors that I’ll want to pick up. I’ve already read and reviewed two books I was going to list on here (Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi and A Tragic Kind of Wonderful by Eric Lindstrom). Here are some of the others!

 

Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton

traitor to the throne

Traitor to the Throne is the follow up to Rebel of the Sands which was a super fun YA adventure book where the desert meets a wild western vibe with a dash of magic. The first book was such a unique new world and I definitely loved how this add some excitement to the YA world. 2nd February

 

 

 

 

The Mystery of the Painted Dragon by Katherine Woodfine

the mystery of the painted dragon

Book 3 in the Sinclair Mysteries series. This is a middle grade detective series set around the glorious Sinclair’s Department store and follows shop girl/detective Sophie and her friends. I love these novels as they remind me of all the Enid Blyton books I read as a child. February 9th

 

 

 

 

The Good People by Hannah Kent

the good people hannah kent

I LOVED Burial Rites by Hannah Kent when I read it in 2015 and was excited to her she has a new book coming out. This one is set in Ireland in the early 1800s which has really interested me! February 9th

 

 

 

 

 

The Summer Seaside Kitchen by Jenny Colgan

the summer seaside kitchen

I always love picking up one of Jenny’s books each year and this one is no different! This one centres around Flora who has to leave London to go back home to the tiny island of Mure. I don’t know much else about it but I just discovered there that Jenny has written a short story about this location for the Galaxy Quick Reads series that comes out a week before so I might read that first before picking up this one. February 9th

 

 

 

Heartless by Marissa Meyer

heartless

So I mentioned this book in last year’s anticipated reads and it did come out on Kindle in November but it’s out in physical form this year (don’t know why there was a different date for this, if anyone does let me know). This is a new series from Meyer and it’s about the Queen of Hearts origin story. I loved the fairytale retellings in the Lunar Chronicles series so looking forward to picking this up! February 9th

 

 

 

King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard

king's cage

Book 3 in the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard. I read Red Queen and Glass Sword at the beginning of last year and have been looking forward to picking up King’s Cage since then (as I’m sure many other people have been too!). February 9th

 

 

 

 

A Conjuring of Light by V.E. Schwab

a conjuring of light

The final book in the Darker Shade of Magic series by V.E. Schwab. The first two books were amazing (and the fact that book 2 was excellent in its own right and not just a book to build up the hype for the finale just goes to show how strong this series is). I’m sad it’s the final book actually, I love this world with all the different Londons and the magic. February 21st

 

 

 

 

 

 

Saga Volume 7 by Brian K Vaughan and Fiona Staples

sage volume 7

I’m still enjoying this space opera graphic novel series and this is when the next installment is due out. April 7th

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Other Half of Happiness by Ayisha Malik

the other half of happiness

Sofia Khan is Not Obliged was a favourite of mine last year, it was so funny. And I’m really looking forward to the follow up, Sofia was such a fun character and can’t wait to see more of her. April 6th

 

 

 

 

 

Perfect by Cecelia Ahern

perfect cecelia ahern

 Flawed was Cecelia’s first YA book and Perfect sees the return to the dystopian world where if you don’t follow the rules, you get branded. Flawed had a lot of the same tropes from the YA dystopian genre that I’ve seen before but I thought she did it well and I enjoyed it. It reminded me that when the genre is done well it can be a lot of fun. April 6th

 

 

 

 

A Mask of Shadows by Oscar de Muriel

a mask of shadows

The Frey and McGray series is set in Victorian Scotland and follows the local Detective ‘Nine Nails’ McGray and London blow in Inspector Ian Frey as chalk and cheese partners. de Muriel nailed the first two books, they’ve really been key players (along with Stephen King’s Mr Mercedes series and Tana French’s Dublin Murder Squad series) at reigniting the love of mystery and detective stories I loved as a kid. April 6th

 

 

 

The Blood Miracles by Lisa McInerney

the blood miracles

The Glorious Heresies was one of my top 5 books that I read last year and I was so excited to see there was a sequel coming up! It was a gritty look at the seedier side of Cork and all these characters that linked together. April 6th

 

 

 

 

 

Past Mortems: Life and Death Behind Mortuary Doors by Carla Valentine

past mortems

Valentine is an Anatomical Pathology Technologist and I first came across her when I saw some of her videos on YouTube about death and pathology. I really enjoyed Caitlin Doughty’s Smoke Get In Your Eyes about her memoirs working in a crematory and I’m excited to read another memoir from a death professional. April 20th

 

 

 

 

New Boy by Tracy Chevalier

new boy tracy chhevalier

New Boy is the next book in the Hogarth Shakespeare series, this one being a retelling of Othello. There’s a few books out already (I’ve read Hag-Seed and Vinegar Girl and attempted Shylock is My Name) and I hope to read this and The Gap of Time to be up to date on the series. May 11th

 

 

 

 

 

Hunger by Roxane Gay

hunger roxane gay

This book is Roxane’s memoirs about food, weight, self-image and taking care of yourself. While I haven’t read Bad Feminist yet (I plan to!), I can’t wait to see how Roxane’s take on food and image. June 13th

 

 

 

 

 

I Can’t Believe You’ve Just Said That by Danny Wallace

No cover yet for this but I’m looking forward to Danny’s first adult non-fiction book in years. He’s talking about why people are so rude these days and travels the world to interview people who are rude (like critics) and those on the receiving end of rudeness (like bell boys). June 15th

 

Skin Deep by Liz Nugent

Another book with no cover but this will no doubt be another big book for Liz following her big hit from last year Lying in Wait. July 6th

 

The Break  by Marian Keyes

So I had just published this post and mentioned how I’d love a new Marian Keyes book when I discovered Marian tweeting about her next book possibly coming out later this year! Talk about magic. The tweet says it’s called The Break and hoping to be published early September.

 

Throne of Glass Book 6 by Sarah J Maas

Not even a title for this one! And even though I have yet to read Empire of Storms I can’t wait for the final book to come out. I might keep Empire of Storms until closer the release date so I’m not waiting forever to get my hands on it! September 5th

 

Solutions and Other Problems by Allie Brosh

I had this in my post last year but the publication got pushed back. Hoping it does come out this year. September 7th

 

One Dark Throne by Kendare Blake

The next in the Three Dark Crowns book, which I only just finished last night. And oh boy what an ending!! Looking forward to this a lot now. September 19th

 

Illuminae Book 3 by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

So I haven’t read Gemina yet but if it’s anything as good as Illuminae I’ll be looking forward to picking this up! October

 

I Heart Book 7 by Lindsey Kelk

Lindsey announced on a Facebook video that her next book will be the next Angela Clarke book. No date or title but I do enjoy this series!

 

So those are the books I am aware about. As per usual there’s always author’s I’d love to see books from. J.K. Rowling says she’s writing at the moment so I’m hoping there will finally be another Robert Galbraith book! I’d love another Marian Keyes book (see above!), another book from Becky Chambers in the Wayfarers series would be awesome and I have no idea if Paul Crilley is working on a follow up to Poison City, I’ve been keeping my eyes out for that one as I really enjoyed Poison City. I’ll probably do another post half way through the year when new titles are released and I get dates for some of the ones above. All in all though plenty to keep me going for the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...