Monday, January 9, 2012

Favourite Songs of 2011: Part 3

My last songs of 2011 post! Part 1 and Part 2.

Heart Skips a Beat by Olly Murs. This song took a while for me to get in to, I heard people go on about it but never paid attention. It wasn’t until I was in Camden in October when I heard it in the background and it got stuck in my head for weeks then!

2011 was all about Adele and while I enjoy her other songs, they can be quite depressing. Rumour Has It is upbeat though and I loved the version they did in Glee!

I don’t know much about The Black Keys. In fact, the only reason I knew about this band before I heard this song is because one of their songs are used in School of Rock. Lonely Boy is catchy though, I can’t help singing along and the video is funny too.

It wasn’t until I heard What Do You Take Me For by Pixie Lott that I realized I really liked a lot of Pixie Lott songs. I guess I’m a fan without ever actively becoming a fan!

So Getting Over You by David Guetta(and various acts) was released in 2010 but I didn’t really pay any attention to it until January 2011. I wasn’t going to include it until I looked at the play count on my iTunes, well over 150 plays! And it has LMFAO, who I apparently also really like.

The last two posts are my guilty pleasures (both coincidently X Factor contestants. Not sure if that fact is relevant or not). I admit, I do enjoy some of Jewdward’s songs! I know they’re not the best singers but their songs are fun to bop along to. I chose Lipstick, due to their fun Eurovision entry.

And One Direction’s What Makes You Beautiful. It’s funny the different types of people who love this song!

So what were your favourite songs from 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...