Saturday, April 28, 2012

30 Days of Pinterest: Day 27

We’re so close to the end of this 30 Days project! I started following Sorted Foods in Pinterest recently and when they pinned this recipe for a homemade chicken burger, I knew I had to make it before the week was over! I made one for my boyfriend the way it’s described in the video but the one I made for myself was the regular way with egg and flour.

DSC02995

Homemade Chicken Burgers (2 different methods)

Ingredients

Chicken breasts

Red or green pesto (I used green as I had it on hand but in the original recipe they use red) [this is only for pesto burger]

1 bowl with flour in it and 1 other bowl with a whisked egg in it [for the non-pesto ‘classic’ burger]

Breadcrumbs

Salt, pepper and any other seasoning you’d like

Oil

Method

1. Place the chicken breast between two pieces of cling film. Using your palm or a rolling pin, flatten on the breast until it is half the original thickness (be careful though because if you are too heavy handed, you will tear holes through the meat).

2. For the pesto burger: Using your hands (or a spoon but hands are better) coat both sides of the chicken breast with pesto. Coat evenly with breadcrumbs. Season with a bit of salt and pepper (I also used a small sprinkling of chilli flakes).

3. For the classic burger: Dip and coat the breast evenly in the flour bowl. Then dig and coat evenly in the egg bowl before transferring to the breadcrumb bowl where you will, yes you guessed right, dip and coat evenly! Season with salt, pepper and any other seasoning of your choice.

4. Place a frying on the heat and add a glug of oil. When the pan is hot enough, add the chicken breast. I think a medium-high heat is best here, not too high though as you might burn the chicken). When that side is nice and golden, flip over and cook the other side. Cook until it has cooked through entirely (I cut mine in half as I wanted to ensure it was cooked properly inside).

5. Serve whichever you want to! With a burger bun, between some nice bread or just on it’s own would be perfectly fine. I served mine with some fresh French Loaf with Edam cheese and ketchup, along with creamy cheese potatoes and sweet corn.

DSC02996

2 comments:

  1. nom nom ....id been flouring mine...but not thinking about how to bring it on to the breadcrumb stage. thanking you .... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Let me know if you try it, it's so much nicer and satisfying than shop bought ones

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...