Sunday, November 15, 2015

YouTube Pick of the Week #BEDN

It's been a while since I've done one of these but as the Blog Every Day in November theme for today is video, I thought I'd share some of the YouTube videos I've enjoyed recently.


I enjoy listening to the Stuff Mom Never Told You podcast and the videos they put up on their YouTube channel too. This video is the first in a new series from them called Stereotypology, where Cristen explores the origin and promotion of certain stereotypes by Hollywood. It's interesting and helpful as we need to stop encouraging stereotypes.


It's a well known fact that the situations in Ironic are far from Ironic. James Corden and Alanis Morissette update the lyrics for a 21st century feel.


There's so much that I love on the WOWPresents YouTube channel but the Fashion Photo Ruview is possibly my favourite! They toot or boot looks from RuPaul's Drag Race and other events. They did season 6 and 7 as it aired each week but now they've gone back and done season 4 and have started season 5. If you're a fan of RuPaul's Drag Race but didn't know about the WowPresents channel then you're in a for a treat!


Whitney Adams works in the wine industry and has some great videos about wine on her channel. She also has a series called Alco-Hauls, where she tries random things she finds in her liquor store. I love this series as there has been countless times I've seen things on shelves and wondered either A) if it's any good or B) who the HELL thought that was a good idea?! Whitney makes me laugh and it makes me want to go find some weird things to taste.


I've mentioned Caitlin Doughty and her Ask a Mortician series on here before but she's started doing other types of videos as well. This video was her take on monthly favourite videos on YouTube but with her own death themed spin. Death can be such a taboo still these days but Caitlin's videos are fun and informative. And not as morbid as you might think!


I don't watch X Factor any more and haven't for a while. I had heard of Fleur last year but I first heard her new song on an Asda ad during the week! This X Factor performance from last weekend is the only proper version of the song on YouTube so I've been listening to it and annoying my boyfriend by doing an impression of the sax part.



As a lover of The Muppets and crumpets this is just perfect!

2 comments:

  1. I love that Fleur East song, it has been in my head since I saw her on the X factor!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...