Monday, January 11, 2016

2016 Book Releases I’m Looking Forward To

My third year in a row doing a post like this! I love making a list of what’s coming out, gives me something to look forward to. And hopefully it’ll alert some of you reading of things you mightn’t have heard about!

The Hanging Tree by Ben Aaronovitch

the hanging tree

This was featured in last year’s post (as well as my Late 2015 Book Releases post), as it was SUPPOSED to be released then but got pushed back. Wah! The next book in the Rivers of London series, which I hope carries on from the massive cliffhanger from 2 books ago (Foxglove Summer was a bit of a detour so I’m still dying to know what happened!). If you want to know a bit about the series, click here on my November 2013 book reviews post, where I read the 1st 4 books in a month! June 16th

 

 

Grunt: The Curious Science of Humans At War by Mary Roach

grunt

I love a Mary Roach book! Her last one, Gulp, came out in 2013 and I had hoped we’d get a 2015 release but alas we didn’t. So I was VERY excited to see that there is a book coming for 2016! I’ve read all of Mary’s books so far and even if you think that science of humans at war doesn’t sound interesting, I can guarantee a good read! I have yet to be disappointed by one of her books and I doubt this will be any different. June 7th

 

 

 

A Fever of the Blood by Oscar de Muriel

Fever_of_the_Blood

I read the first book of this series, The Strings of Murder, after requesting it on NetGalley and was pleasantly surprised! It was a great little mystery crime novel, set in my beloved Victorian times but this time in Scotland, which was a refreshing change of scenery. This book sees the return of Frey and McGray, detectives thrown together despite very much being opposites in character. To read my review of The Strings of Murder click here. February 11th

 

 

 

The Little Shop of Happy Ever After by Jenny Colgan

the little shop of happy ever after

It’s my third year of doing a list like this and it’s the 3rd time a Jenny Colgan book has been on the list! All Colgan’s books are uplifting and cosy, with this one sounding like no exception! Nina leaves Birmingham after the library she works for downsizes, she heads to Scotland to own a bookshop bus! Sounds like the perfect book for me to be honest. February 11th

 

 

 

End of Watch by Stephen King

end of watch

The third book in the Mr Mercedes series! Last year, book 2 (Finders Keepers) was on my 2015 list but I wasn’t overly wowed by it. I am excited for this one though, I think it will please my expectations! It’ll see a return and continuation to the story in Mr Mercedes. June 7th

 

 

 

 

Making It Up As I Go Along by Marian Keyes

making it up as I go along

I love Marian Keyes as an author. She’s witty, can be light reading but at the same time she writes so honestly about important issues. This book however is a non-fiction book, a series of essays and insights to modern life. I have no doubt this will be hilarious and if you’re a fan of Marian’s books (and Twitter account!) then I think you’ll probably enjoy this. February 11th

 

 

 

Moranifesto by Caitlin Moran

moranifesto

My favourite Caitlin Moran book was Moranthology, a collection of her articles and I liked reading her thoughts on lots of different issues. This I think will be something similar and I’m really looking forward to picking it up. March 10th

 

 

 

 

 

Solutions and Other Problems by Allie Brosh

solutions-and-other-problems

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve probably seen some of Allie Brosh’s comics online before. I read her other book Hyperbole and a Half back in February and really enjoyed it, it had me laughing out loud several times (but especially the goose story). As I haven’t really read any more of her comics online, all this should be new to me and hopefully just as funny! October 25th

 

 

 

Lady Renegades by Rachel Hawkins

lady renegades

I loved this first book in this series, Rebel Belle, so much, it was like Buffy crossed with a Southern Belle. The second book, Miss Mayhem, was another 2015 list book (and another one that slightly disappointed like Finders Keepers) but it hasn’t put me off the third book! I’m invested in finding out what happened and I still love kick ass Harper as a character. April 5th

 

 

 

Summer Days and Summer Nights edited by Stephanie Perkins

summer days and summer nights

Having just read My True Love Gave To Me, a collection of holiday themed short stories by popular YA authors, I was tickled to find out there’s a summer version of it due out this year! Summer is a great time for short stories that you can dip in and out of and I’m looking forward to being introduced to more YA authors I haven’t had a chance to get around to trying. I think books like this are perfect for sampling authors being committing to a full book! May 17th

 

 

The Mystery of the Jewelled Moth by Katherine Woodfine

mystery of the jewelled moth

I read Katherine’s first book, The Mystery of the Clockwork Sparrow, last year for work when it was the Children’s Book of the Month and was charmed by it. It was like Enid Blyton meets the world of Edwardian charm and it’s a lovely book for younger children. This will be the follow on book and I can’t wait to be swept away in all the grandeur of Sinclair’s Department Stores! February 25th

 

 

 

Darkmouth: Chaos Descends by Shane Hegarty

darkmouth chaos descends

I wrote this post at the beginning of the month and under the final paragraph mentioned I’d like another Darkmouth book to come out but couldn’t find any details on it. And then lo and behold Shane Hegarty the author tweeted out the new book cover! So I had to edit it in to this post. This is book three about Legend Hunter, Finn, and his family, who are trying to stop the Legends (monsters) from coming through from their world and destroying ours. The previous two books have been funny and sweet and I’d recommend them for boys and girls from age 9 up. April 7th

 

Heartless by Marissa Meyer

heartless

I wasn’t even aware of this until I saw Kat from Katytastic talk about it! I LOVE The Lunar Chronicles series (I have yet to read Winter as I’m waiting to read it with a friend but this fairytale retelling series is fantastic) so I was excited to hear there’s going to be another series, this time based on Wonderland. Heartless follows the Queen of Hearts before she became the Queen and if it’s anything like Lunar Chronicles then Meyer will do a brilliant job on it. November 8th

 

 

That’s all the ones I have titles and covers for! Of course, I have my fingers crossed AGAIN for another Cormoran Strike novel from Robert Galbraith (and seeing as we’ve had one each year so have I’m hoping the trend will continue!). I see bits and pieces of a Danny Wallace book, but considering he now writes children’s books as well it might be for that. There’s always another #1 Ladies Detective Agency book, I never seem to hear about them until they are just coming out so who knows! The above will keep me occupied anyway, with the Mary Roach book probably being the one I’m most excited about and February 11th being the busiest day with 3 books out!

Let me know below if you’re looking forward to any of these or if there’s anything I’ve missed out!

2 comments:

  1. Last year was an excellent one for book releases (towards the end of the year at least!) I have to say I don't have any new books on my radar for this year as of yet.
    Fingers crossed a new Robert Galbraith book comes out! Hopefully it'll be like Cecelia Aherns books and one will come out every year. Sad there won't be any more Terry Pratchett books to look forward too :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, I hope there will be a book too! The first two came out July/August time, the 3rd in October so if there is one I'd say it will be Oct/Nov, but if not it'll be 2017 :( Ya, I heard Pratchett's daughter say there will never be other books, which is sad

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...