Thursday, August 16, 2018

2018 Most Anticipated Books May- August

So as we’re already IN August, this post is just to highlight the books that I was most looking forward to reading when I originally compiled the list of books I was looking forward to this year. You can see the books that were released January-April that I was looking forward to (and I’ve also read all but one of them so go me!)

Collage of A Court of Frost and Starlight Sarah J Maas, The Surface Breaks Louise O Neill Loch of the Dead Oscar de Muriel

A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas- This novella is like a bridge between the original A Court of Thorns and Roses series and the upcoming series set in the same world but centring around a different character.

The Surface Breaks by Louise O’Neill- A feminist retelling of The Little Mermaid and the second book this year from Louise O’Neill, the first being Almost Love released in March.

Loch of the Dead by Oscar de Muriel. 4th book in the Frey and McGray series, the chalk and cheese detectives series set in Scotland. Set in Victorian times, the series is very atmospheric and gothic and I love the mysteries involved too. This one is set in the Scottish Highlands at Loch Maree.


Collage Save the Date Morgan Matson How to Be Famous Caitlin Moran Catwoman Soulstealer Sarah J Maas

Save the Date by Morgan Matson. I’ve read two of Matson’s books and I really need to read more. They’re perfect contemporary summer reads! Save the Date sees Charlie’s family come together in the family home before her older sister’s wedding and nothing goes to plan.

How to Be Famous by Caitlin Moran. This is the follow up to How to Build a Girl, Moran’s YA book that’s based on Moran’s life. We get to see Dolly Wilde a.k.a. Johanna Morrigan, living her cool life in London as writer for music magazine and I’m sure it’s just as funny and frank as How to Build a Girl.

Catwoman: Soulstealer by Sarah J. Maas. The 3rd book in the DC Icons series. I read the first which was Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo which was ok and I might pick up the second one Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu at some stage. But Catwoman was always the one I wanted to read in this series and I hope she kicks ass in it!

Collage Notes on a Nervous Planet Matt Haig Record of a Spaceborn Few Becky Chambers

Notes on a Nervous Planet by Matt Haig. I read Reasons to Stay Alive in 2015 and this seems to be a follow on from that. I listened to the audio book and I think I might do the same with this one. It’s also one of the Rick O’Shea Book Club Book of the Month for August so I have no excuse not to pick it up ASAP really!

Record of a Spaceborn Few by Becky Chambers. The 3rd book in the Wayfarers series. I have SO much love for A Long Way to a Small Angry Planet and A Closed and Common Orbit. Those books just sucked me in and I love how Chambers writes her characters. I don’t really know anything about this one and I want to keep it that way until I read it really. All I know is that there will be space and lots of emotions!

And that was May to August. I’ve only read 1 and half of these books so far as I’m in such a bad reading slump. Though there’s SO many good books coming out September to December that I’m hoping I’ll get back on the reading train. I have a post for those books and unlike this post, you won’t have to wait until December to read it as I already have it written and ready to go for a few days times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...