Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Favourite Songs of 2012: Part 1

It’s the time of the year where I post my favourite songs from the previous year! I only want to do two posts this year instead of three so I had to make sure there were only 12 songs max. Once I had put my list together I noticed it was all female except for 2 songs! Kinda cool really.

2012 was the year of Azealia Banks for me! I’ve properly listened to her more than anyone else this year. Though I decided to limit myself to just two of her songs, Liquorice being the first of them. I love the beat to this, it’s so catchy (originally Pineapple Crush by Lone).

If you asked my boyfriend what was my favourite song of the year he would probably say Domino by Jessie J. Probably because he caught me singing it so much! I first heard it in the car coming back from Dublin with my brother, he already knew the song but thought it was Katy Perry! I’m not sure if I like the original version or Jessie’s Live Lounge cover better.

Do My Thing contains two of my favourite singers, Estelle and Janelle Monae. I love the positive message in it and it makes me want to dance every time I hear it.

I couldn’t leave Gangnam Style out, especially since I had a whole blog post dedicated to it!

This is an odd choice because I didn’t really listen to it myself a lot. In fact, according to my iTunes, I’ve only listened to it 3 times and I say that was during one or two parties I had. I’m adding Call Me Maybe more for the fun I had dancing to it on nights outs! (along with Gangnam Style, though I actually listen to that at home).

Last one for this post, Euphoria by Loreen, this year’s Eurovision winner. I didn’t really like it at first but boy did it grow on me. It’s a great one to dance to and to belt along to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...