Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Preloved Vintage Fair Event

I was lucky enough to be invited to the Preloved Vintage Fair Event Monday night. Preloved is a website that allows you to buy and sell second hand items. This really appeals to me, ever since I was little my Nana used to bring me to charity shops, I love scouring them, I used to find cool items of clothing for really cheap when I was a teenager! My favourite thing to get second hand though is books.

The Vintage Fair was at Night & Day Cafe in Manchester, which really suited the vintage vibe of the night. There was racks of clothing from Oxfam Originals (situation opposite Night & Day), other stands selling all sorts from teddies to jewellery to records and books. You could also buy cupcakes, pots of jam and chutneys and things like cushions and bags made out of the cutest vintage inspired fabrics from WhatGoesAroundStore! There was also vintage hair demos and music until 11pm.

collage

 

For bloggers, the event started at 7, we were greeted with a glass of champagne and a goodie bag. I went along with Rebecca from The Lucky Rainbow (and it was great to meet her again!) and the place packed out really quickly. We got chatting to some people we knew, both in person and online, and it was nice to finally put faces to some of the people who’s blogs I have been reading. Amongst the people I got to talk to our Emma from Miss Pond, Sue from Susan Styles You, Lily Kitten (who I had chatted to before at Essence event), and Cat Girl Blogs. I really wish we’d had name badges as there was several others I thought I recognized from the Manchester Bloggers Facebook but I didn’t want to embarrass myself in case I was wrong!

Collage2

 

Due to my 6am work starts, I was too tired to stay very long but I would have loved to have gotten my hair done and to listen to the band, it looked like it would have been one hell of a good Monday night! Especially with the cocktail bar (I do love a cocktail!). The goodie bag was really nice too, in it we got a small pot of jam, some fudge, soap, bath salts and mini sewing kits.

IMG_3545

Thank you Preloved for inviting me along, I really enjoyed it and hopefully next time I’ll be able to hang about more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...