Thursday, October 2, 2014

September Recap

September seemed a bit quieter than previous 2 months, probably because I spent a week or so sick. I am glad to be in October now though, as it’s my birthday at the end of the month, I’m also going home for my brother’s 21st birthday party and Halloween is amazing!

Reading- I only completed two books in September! For shame, even worse than last September. Both books got full write up posts (Gin Glorious Gin and Sweet as Cane, Salty as Tears), so I won’t be doing a Reading post for the month. Though you can click the links if interesting in reading about them.

Knitting- Finally finished the baby cardigan I knitted for my new cousin and sent it in the post! I’m very proud of it, it’s the first time I’ve tried anything more adventurous than a scarf. I also knitted a flamingo cowl in two colours, first time doing fair isle, but I made a mistake as it was my first time knitting something big with magic loop and I twisted my stitches and made everything too tight and therefore too small. They still look pretty though! #flamingosforever

IMG_3458

Watching- RuPaul’s Drag Race! My friend Amy got me into it and it is additive! It’s like ANTM on cocaine, with extra makeup and glitter!

Listening- Shake It Off by Taylor Swift. Taylor Swift has never really been on my music radar before but I really like this song! It’s so damn catchy and I love dancing to it at work.

Socializing- Not much was done really, as I was sick, but besides knitting and extra curricular knitting, I did go to the Preloved Event with Rebecca from The Lucky Rainbow and went to Juniper’s with Sarah from Pearls and Polo Girl, as I need to explore more of Manchester! Sarah also came around to my house one weekend and we had scones, cake and coffee!

That’s pretty much it, not much else was done except being sick and working! But still enjoyable.

4 comments:

  1. The cardigan looks beautiful! Hope you are better now, yay for October & birthdays & Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, all better, just gotta get my teeth sorted next. Woo hoo, tis the season!

      Delete
  2. Awh the little cardi is gorgeous! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...