Tuesday, November 9, 2010

30 Day Music Meme: Day Eight

Day 8- A song that you know all the words to

Ah, learning the words to songs was just one of those rights of passage as a kid. Getting a new cd, whacking it on full blast and taking out the album sleeve to learn the lyrics. If you were lucky, cd singles would also have the lyrics (I remember one song had both the lyrics AND dance moves too! That was exciting!). It would only take a few plays to know the lyrics by heart. I often wondered why it was easier to learn the words to songs than to retain school work. And that homework should have been in song form to be easier to remember!

These days I’m more likely to search online to figure out tricky lyrics to a song. Which is what I probably did when Gold Digger by Kanye West came out five years ago (was it really five years ago?!How time flies). It came in handy, as it gave me the glorious opportunity to correct a hard core Kanye fan when his lyrics to this were off! It’s the small things that amuse me really.

 

(Also, I was going to write this entry on that Duck Sauce song Barbara Streisand but thought it would be showing off seeing as they’re difficult lyrics to remember)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...