Thursday, November 25, 2010

30 Day Music Meme: Day Twenty Four

Day 24- A song you want to play at your funeral

While I can be particularly morbid in my thoughts at times, thinking about my funeral isn’t something that has popped into my head that often. Right now, I’m not particularly concerned what music is played at my funeral, I’m sure my loved ones would choose appropriate songs. I had thought of picking a more religious song, like Amazing Grace, but seeing as I’m not sure where I stand when it comes to religion, I couldn’t really do that. Besides, I don’t think I’d like a song to forever be associated with a sad occasion (because no matter how much it is a celebration of someone’s life, it’s always going to be sad).

I’ve seen or heard this topic be discussed on numerous occasions, with a lot of people saying they’d like play metal at their funeral. I wonder how many of these actually go through with this and put it in their will? And how many of those wishes get followed through, would you have the balls to play something like that if your loved one requested it?

So I can’t pick a song I’d like to play. At a push, maybe The Farewell Waltz by Chopin. The title is adapt and while the song has tinges of sadness, I think it’s still a beautiful mellow song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...