Tuesday, November 16, 2010

30 Day Music Meme: Day Fifteen

Day 15- A song that describes me

Can just one song perfectly describe someone? I don’t think so. I can’t even think of one song that somewhat describes me. I asked my boyfriend, he first said Firestarter by The Prodigy cos of my fiesty nature. Then he changed his mind and said Lean On Me by Bill Withers as I’m kind and always willing to listen and give advice. I asked my brother and he said Gangsta’s Paradise by Coolio, just because! All valid  choices (except maybe Coolio) but I think one I finally came up with is the best.

One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces by Ben Folds Five is the best I can think of to sum me up. In fact, it was once added to a mixed cd made for me and I was asked not to be offended by it as it perfectly described me. I suppose in a way it does, all my life people have loved to point out how short I am, sometimes in jest, sometimes in a bullying way. I remember going home in tears one day after school when I was nine or ten to my Mum about this and she told me what to say in reply the next day: All good things come in small packages. It actually worked to shut the bullies up. Pity it didn’t work later in life when I was bullied again but that’s where the angry bit comes in and I vowed one day I’d be in a better position to tell them to kiss my ass. Which is what this song is all about!

 

3 comments:

  1. Last time you ask Paud for advice i bet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, probably. He asked me back what would be his and I said 'Pretty Fly (for a White Guy)' by Offspring

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya shut up OWEN!!! and what you mean ya probably?? i said it because your a g!!! and ya i am pretty fly for a white guy B-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...