Thursday, July 14, 2011

2nd New Year’s Resolution Update!

I figured since 6 months has passed, I’d do another update on my New Year’s Resolutions. Here’s my original post and here’s the 1st update I made in April.
1. Cook 12 savoury/dinner dishes
I’ve made two more dishes to join the Asian Chicken Noodle Broth and a fish pie. Vodka pasta and turkey spinach burgers. So four out of twelve dishes made. I need to pick up the pace here!
2. Make 12 new sweet dishes
I’m doing a little bit better in the sweet department. Up to April, I had made chocolate mousse and green velvet cupcakes. Since then I’ve made Oreo Cupcakes, Rocky Road and Chocolate Marmalade Cake. So five out of twelve. Sheesh, I really need to get in the kitchen more!
3. Read 25 books
I can safely say I’ve made the most progress with this resolution. Out of 25 books, I have read 24!! Woo! I have several more on the go at the moment and I will keep going throughout the year. I’m really enjoying reading again, which is great!
4. Watch 50 films I’ve never seen before
I’ve doubled the amount I’ve seen since April. I’ve now watched 20 films. Mainly DVDs and TV films with 6 trips to the cinema, 5 DVDs rented from the library (and another one currently ordered) and 2 documentaries.
5. Eat more fruit and veg
I always forget this is a resolution, I need to cut it out and put it on the fridge
6. Lose weight and exercise more
See point 5 for details
7. Write more on the blog
I’m trying!
8. Get a job
Check! Need to start my search again!
In the last post, I mentioned how I had done a sewing course. I had finished it just as I started work, so I’ve had no time to do any more sewing, so hopefully now I’ll be able to knuckle down and finish that bag strap!

5 comments:

  1. You're doing great, Breige! :D I'm sure most ppl would give up on their resolutions after a month or two! Are you participating in the "watch a movie that starts with every letter of the alphabet" challenge on LoSo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very committed to your resolutions. Well done on your achievements so far. Lots checked off your list. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Deb! I am doing the A-Z challenge, though really slacking. Also trying to watch a lot of films on the IMDb top 250 films list. I have LOADS to watch right now but I'm in more of a reading than watching films mood

    Colette, thanks! I rarely ever stick to resolutions so it's kinda nice to have something to focus on

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Breige, I found your blog through Art Donatella's and thought I would stop by and say hello :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! How kind of you, I just had a look at your blog there and I've added you to my Google Reader :) All these beauty blogs will have me wanting to buy new things. Not that I need an excuse though! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...